If you’ve been involved in a car accident, there’s a lot to think about. Medical evaluations and treatment lost wages. PIP claims, and car repairs are just a few of the issues you’ll be facing in the aftermath. In this difficult and stressful time, hiring an experienced car accident lawyer is not always the first thing on your mind, but don’t make the mistake of overlooking the importance of having a qualified lawyer to help you navigate the minefield. It might make sense to talk to someone who works in this environment on a daily basis.
Here are some essential issues to address during your consultation with a car accident or personal injury lawyer:
- An injury has occurred, especially if it is one that required hospitalization or resulted in permanent disability.
- The accident resulted in a fatality.
- Fault has not been accurately determined, or is uncertain.
- Other parties, including pedestrians or vehicles, were involved.
- The police report is inaccurate.
- The accident occurred in a construction zone.
- Complicated medical or legal issues have arisen as a result of the accident.
- Insurance limits are low, you have no insurance, or your claim was denied.
- Your insurance company is failing to properly reimburse you.
- Confusion over your insurance policy.
- Difficulty understanding or filing paperwork.
- Determining whether you should seek compensation for damages.
- Advice on what you are owed from your insurance.
- Knowing your rights.
These are some general considerations. Your particular event is very fact specific. Because every accident and every victim are different, it makes all the more sense to talk to the seasoned professional of your choosing. Obviously, a serious personal injury has lifelong consequences. It's common sense, but
....you don't get two trials if you don't like the outcome of the first one.
It is not best two out of three. If you or your family's health and livelihood are on the line, these are the highest of stakes. You get only one chance to get this right.