Articles, Analysis,
and Commentary

What Kind Of Workers' Compensation Benefits Will I Receive?

Medical, wage loss and impairment beneifts.



If you're injured at work, in almost every work there's compensation case, the injured worker's entitled to three types of benefits. One is wage loss benefits. If a doctor takes you out of work for a period of time, you're entitled to recover wage loss benefits for that period of time. You're also entitled to recover medical benefits or have your medical expenses met by your employer or their insurance company, for so long as you have symptoms or you have a treatment that's related to that worker's compensation injury. You're also entitled, under the workers' compensation law, to have an evaluation done to see if you sustained a permanent impairment to one or more parts of your body as a result of your workplace injury, and you're entitled to monetary compensation for that permanent loss of function of one or more parts of your body.

I hope this addressed your question. Over the course of 25 years, I've found that fully addressing a legal question is best handled in a one-on-one, in person strategy and case analysis conference. I offer these to potential clients on a complimentary basis. Please use any of the methods under the contact tab at the top of the page to arrange yours.

Eric T Kirk

After graduating with honors from Albany Law School in New York, Eric Kirk has spent most of his 25 year legal career battling insurance companies to secure fair and just compensation for his clients in Maryland, New York, and Florida.