Articles, Analysis,
and Commentary

What Should I Do If I Have Been Injured On The Job In Maryland?

Report your accident, and ask for medical care.



The first thing you have to do is report the injury to your employer. You should also be careful to document exactly who you told, when you told them, and the circumstances under which you told them. If you've been injured, you should also request and obtain medical care, and be careful to do each and every thing that the doctors tell you to do during your recuperative process. When that's over, you should be evaluated by a physician who can determine whether or not you've sustained a permanent injury or a permanent loss of function to one or more parts of your body. An experienced workers' compensation attorney can provide vital insight in guiding you through those various steps in the process.

I hope this addressed your question. Over the course of 25 years, I've found that fully addressing a legal question is best handled in a one-on-one, in person strategy and case analysis conference. I offer these to potential clients on a complimentary basis. Please use any of the methods under the contact tab at the top of the page to arrange yours.

Eric T Kirk

After graduating with honors from Albany Law School in New York, Eric Kirk has spent most of his 25 year legal career battling insurance companies to secure fair and just compensation for his clients in Maryland, New York, and Florida.