Articles, Analysis,
and Commentary

What Should I Do If My Injury or Insurance Claim Is Denied?

Step one: retain an experienced lawyer.



If an insurance company has denied your claim, it's likely time to hire a lawyer, because litigation is going to be necessary. Now, there are two types of denied insurance claims that come up most often. A first party claim, which is where your own insurance company denies the claim that you've made against them. Something like a homeowner's claim. Here your attorney would file a breach of contract lawsuit against your own insurance company. The other situation is what's known as a third party claim. That's where another individual has committed an act against you that has caused you damage. In that instance, your attorney would sue that individual, and their insurance company would provide them with the defense, and ultimately pay any amounts they are deemed to owe.

I hope this addressed your question. Over the course of 25 years, I've found that fully addressing a legal question is best handled in a one-on-one, in person strategy and case analysis conference. I offer these to potential clients on a complimentary basis. Please use any of the methods under the contact tab at the top of the page to arrange yours.

Eric T Kirk

After graduating with honors from Albany Law School in New York, Eric Kirk has spent most of his 25 year legal career battling insurance companies to secure fair and just compensation for his clients in Maryland, New York, and Florida.