Workers Compensation Lawyer Baltimore, MD
If you were injured at work, you may want to consult a Baltimore, MD workers compensation lawyer. You deserve to be fairly compensated for your medical bills and lost wages. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and make sure your legal rights are protected.
Signs You Need to Hire a Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you plan to file a workers compensation claim, you might wonder if you should hire a lawyer or not. The answer depends on the individual circumstances in your case. If your case is pretty straightforward, you may be able to handle the claim on your own. However, if there are complexities in your case, it may be worth it to hire legal representation. Here are a few signs that you should hire a workers compensation lawyer.
- Your workers compensation claim was rejected. Employers can reject workers compensation claims for one reason or another. For example, if your employer doesn’t believe that your injury occurred at work or you didn’t inform them of the accident in time, your claim could get denied. If you believe that your claim was wrongfully denied, you should consult a lawyer.
- Your settlement is too low. Even if your employer approves your workers compensation claim, your settlement may still not be enough to cover your medical bills and lost wages. If that is the case, you may want to get in touch with a Baltimore workers compensation lawyer. He or she can increase your chances of getting a fair settlement.
- Your employer has retaliated against you. It’s completely within your right to file a workers compensation claim after getting injured at work. However, some employers become angry when their workers file these claims and retaliate against them. They may have reduced your pay, cut your hours or even terminated you. This is completely illegal. If you are in this situation, it’s critical to get in touch with an experienced lawyer.
- You suffered permanent disability. Some work injuries are fairly minor while others can cause permanent disability. If you have suffered a permanent disability after getting injured at work, you may not be able to work again at all. In this case, you may qualify for weekly payments. However, insurance companies aren’t willing to pay up so easily because disability payments can be very expensive for them. That’s why it’s in your best interest to work with a lawyer.
- A third party is involved in the accident. Third parties are sometimes involved in work accidents. For example, if you drive a vehicle as part of your job and another driver hits you, he or she may be held liable. You may be able to sue outside workers compensation and obtain more money. A lawyer can assist with this.
If you sustained injuries at work, you may want to schedule a consultation with a Baltimore workers compensation lawyer from Attorney Eric T. Kirk.