I've handled hundreds of car accident cases in which my clients have sustained serious personal injury, incurred huge medical bills and lost wages, and were caused to suffer from pain and endure mental anguish.
I recovered millions of dollars for those injured by the negligence of others.
The process of recovering compensation for those injuries can be lengthy and frustrating for the injury victim. Legitimate questions and countless obstacles arise during the course of the claim, from negotiation, to litigation, to verdict or settlement. I will guide you through that minefield.
Maryland law provides that jurors are instructed to consider several factors in fashioning an appropriate award. Fully presenting and illustrating these components is a vital role of personal injury attorney.
- The nature and extent of plaintiff's injuries, and the length of the process of recuperation.
- The effect those injures have on the mental and physical condition of the plaintiff.
- Physical and mental pain and anguish, past, present, and future.
- Disfigurement, scarring, and embarrassment.
- Medical expenses past, present, and future.
- Loss of earning-or earrings potential- past, present, and future.
FAQs About Your Accident?
What to Do After an Accident
Your actions immediately after a Maryland automobile accident are critical. An experienced attorney will have specific recommendations about steps you need to take to protect yourself and your rights.
- First, notify the police and seek medical attention immediately after the car accident, even if you do not feel that you or family members are seriously injured. Let a doctor make that determination.
- Next, take pictures of everything: the vehicles, the tags on the vehicles, other drivers, and of course, the accident scene.
- After that, write down the names and contact information of any witnesses and note the presence of police, city, or commercial cameras.