Over the course of the last decade, I've published in excess of 700 articles in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, workers' compensation and insurance disputes, generally. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to contact me to discuss the details of your case and learn how I can help.

What Should I Do If My Injury or Insurance Claim Is Denied?

Attorney Eric T. Kirk will tell you.

Step one: retain an experienced lawyer.


If an insurance company has denied your claim, it’s likely time to hire a lawyer, because litigation is going to be necessary. Now, there are two types of denied insurance claims that come up most often. A first party claim, which is where your own insurance company denies the claim that you’ve made against them. Something like a homeowner’s claim. Here your attorney would file a breach of contract lawsuit against your own insurance company. The other situation is what’s known as a third party claim. That’s where another individual has committed an act against you that has caused you damage. In that instance, your attorney would sue that individual, and their insurance company would provide them with the defense, and ultimately pay any amounts they are deemed to owe.

I hope this addressed your question. Over the course of 25 years, I’ve found that fully addressing a legal question is best handled in a one-on-one, in person strategy and case analysis conference. I offer these to potential clients on a complimentary basis. Please use any of the methods under the contact tab at the top of the page to arrange yours.