Over the course of the last decade, I've published in excess of 700 articles in the areas of personal injury, criminal defense, workers' compensation and insurance disputes, generally. If you can't find what you're looking for, feel free to contact me to discuss the details of your case and learn how I can help.

How Can I Collect Restitution That is Owed to Me?

The experienced Baltimore criminal defense lawyer Attorney Eric T. Kirk will advise you that a judgment for restitution is the same as a money judgment in a civil case.

How Can I Collect Restitution That is Owed to Me?

In other words, it can be enforced in the same way. This judgment acts as lien on any real property that the obligor owns, and can be enforced against someone’s wages by a writ of garnishment. The reality faced by many is that collection of a judgment can be a daunting task. Someone awarded a $500 restitution judgment may well spend more than that if private enforcement efforts are undertaken. In some instances, the State of Maryland may offer assistance.

I extend a no-cost, no-obligation case analysis and personal, confidential conference and strategy session to all prospective clients. If you have been accused of a crime, it is vital that you act quickly to safeguard your freedom. Contact me today. 410 591 2835, or simply complete the online form on the page.